- This event has passed.
Aotearoa SDG Summit – Ōtautahi Christchurch
2 September at 8:00 am - 3 September at 5:00 pm
A great range of speakers and workshops are on offer.
Be inspired by stores of courage and action, connect with other change makers and learn how we can co-create a better world together.
Collaboration for systemic change is the theme of the Summit – recognising the power of collective action and the need for system-wide changes to successfully respond to our many challenges and opportunities.
This two-day event offers inspiring speakers and case studies, interactive and practical workshops, creative activations, sector-based kōrero, a wonderful community gathered feast, and local field trips to see the SDGs in action. The Summit will be based from the University of Canterbury campus.
Some topics for the practical workshop sessions include:
- Being Agents in Health and Environmental Systemic Issues
- Circular Economy
- Natural Hazards and Climate Resilience
- Citizen Participation in Local Government
- Wānanga for Māori
- Regenerative Communities
- Education 2030 and Beyond
- Protecting Our Oceans
- Participatory Open Democracy
- The Role Higher Educational Institutions play in the delivery of SDGs
- Co-housing and Tiny Houses
- Women Peace and Security
- Green Buildings and Sustainable Infrastructure
- What if every board had to have someone 25 or under as chair? Futures Thinking Framework
- Becoming Tangata Tiriti
- Roadmap for Recovery and Regeneration
For more information and to book seat visit 2021 Aotearoa SDG Summit
Tickets include participation in all Summit activities, activations (like creativity stations with Bead and Proceed, pictured below), kai, the Community Feast dinner, and transport for the Field Trips.