- This event has passed.
Aotearoa Town Hall – PART 4 – Public Health & Covid19
11 May at 7:00 pm - 8:30 pm
Welcome to the FOURTH Aotearoa Town Hall, as part of a series of virtual town hall episodes which explore what our recovery will look like as a nation.
FACEBOOK LIVESTREAM: facebook.com/aotearoatownhall
Grab a beer or a kombucha, settle in with some snacks and get ready to be amazed by the incredible ideas, kōrero and thoughts of our panel for the evening. The theme is PUBLIC HEALTH & COVID-19 – the whole lockdown began with a health crisis. Since lockdown, the economic and social impacts from covid-19 are crystal clear, but what about the actual health implications and opportunities that arise from this health crisis?
– Dr Siouxsie Wiles, Microbiologist and Science Communicator specialising in infectious diseases and bioluminescence
– Dr Mataroria Lyndon, Public Health Physician, Senior Medical Education Lecturer, working with Iwi, Primary Health & DHB in their covid-19 response.
– Dr Rhys Jones, Public Health Physician, Lecturer in Medical & Health Studies, specialising in indigenous health and environmental influences in health.
– Dr Esther Woodbury, Disability Researcher and Advisor, works for the Royal Commission of Inquiry into Abuse in Care.
– Hon Julie Ann Genter, Minister for Women, Associate Minister for Health, Associate Minister for Transport
– Tamatha Paul
– Thomas Nash
PREVIOUS AOTEAROA TOWN HALLS:
➙ PART 1: Shaping the Recovery: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CEODi5C3Ffg&t=4s
(Featuring: Lou Aitken, Kara Puketapu-Dentice, David Hall, Chloe Swarbrick, Cleve Cameron, Marlon Drake, Talei Bryant)
➙ PART 1.5: Special Episode with Kate Raworth:
(Featuring: Kate Raworth)
➙ PART 2: From Recovery to Revolution:
(Featuring: Tame Iti, Julia Whaipooti, Jess Berentson-Shaw, Chloe Swabrick, Cleve Cameron)
➙ PART 3: A New Economy:
(Featuring: Kate Raworth, Rachel Taulelei, Kiri Allan, Dr Ganesh Nana, Max Harris)
Make sure to like and follow the Aotearoa Town Hall Facebook and Instagram to stay up to date with all the good stuff, and to follow the virtual Town Hall web series.