- This event has passed.
Food for Thought: Speaker series at the Riverside Market
09/12/2019 at 12:00 pm - 13/12/2019 at 12:30 pm
The University of Canterbury is heading into the CBD at lunchtime to present a 5-day free speaker series at the Riverside Market (96 Oxford Terrace). Each day will feature a different 15-minute talk between 12 and 12.30pm.
The talks will cover a range of topics delivered in bite-size morsels to enjoy over your lunch break. Each talk will be followed by a delightful performance from UC School of Music students.
Come down and join us for this free, entertaining and thought-provoking event.
- Monday 9th December: Higher education in the age of the smartphone with Peter Field;
- Tuesday 10th December: Food as medicine – How good food supports mental wellbeing with Julia Rucklidge;
- Wednesday 11th December: Why volunteering in schools is especially important for Aotearoa New Zealand with Billy O’Steen;
- Thursday 12th December: Forensic brainwave analysis report with Robin Palmer; and
- Friday 13th December: Interface between space and science with Sarah Kessans.